Concept Foundation announces A. Metin Gülmezoglu as its new Executive Director
WHO/UNICEF/UNFPA Joint Statement: Appropriate Storage and Management of Oxytocin – a Key Commodity for Maternal Health
Appropriate Storage and Management of Oxytocin – a Key Commodity for Maternal Health
Quality of Life-Saving Medicines – A New Investment Strategy
Concept Foundation is pleased to announce that over the coming year it will be working to address maternal health supply gaps in Ethiopia, with a new grant from the RHSC Innovation Fund.
Inresa Arzneimittel GmbH have achieved WHO prequalification on 15 August 2016 for their magnesium sulfate heptahydrate (MgSO4) 500 mg/ml injection with technical assistance from Concept Foundation. This is the first such product to be prequalified.
On the same day, China Resources Zizhu have had their mifepristone 200mg product added to the list of WHO prequalified medicines for use in combination with misoprostol, as have Jai Pharma Ltd with their levonorgestrel 0.03mg progestin-only contraceptive.
A third mifepristone product, manufactured by Acme Formulation in India, has received a positive score for procurement by the Expert Review Panel (ERP).
Fiona Theunissen, MBA and Dr Hans Vemer, CEO of Concept Foundation and former obstetrician, discuss why quality, which is by no means a given, is such an important consideration when purchasing maternal health medicines such as uterotonics.
The Indian pharmaceutical company ACME Formulation Pvt. Ltd. have achieved WHO prequalification for their Misoprostol 200µg product, with technical assistance provided by Concept Foundation.
News & Events
- From Concept Foundation: July 2019
- Concept Foundation announces A. Metin Gülmezoglu as its new Executive Director
- Evidence for Contraceptive Options and HIV Outcomes (ECHO) trial results released
- World Preeclampsia Day – Access to quality magnesium sulfate to reduce maternal mortality
- WHO/UNICEF/UNFPA Joint Statement: Appropriate Storage and Management of Oxytocin – a Key Commodity for Maternal Health