WHO/UNICEF/UNFPA Joint Statement: Appropriate Storage and Management of Oxytocin – a Key Commodity for Maternal Health
Appropriate Storage and Management of Oxytocin – a Key Commodity for Maternal Health
Quality of Life-Saving Medicines – A New Investment Strategy
The WHO PQ team has announced the prequalification of a second mifepristone product, manufactured by Exelgyn in France.
The Indian pharmaceutical company ACME Formulation Pvt. Ltd. have achieved WHO prequalification for their Misoprostol 200µg product, with technical assistance provided by Concept Foundation.
A briefing note on the quality of misoprostol products has been published in WHO Drug Information, presenting findings from the analysis of misoprostol samples from a variety of countries, specifically regarding percentage of active ingredient over time in relation to the labelled content, for products in different types of blister packs.
The WHO PQ has announced a pilot collaborative registration procedure for SRA-approved medicines. Products being included in this pilot are medicines for HIV, TB, and antimalarials, as well as RH products such as contraceptives and maternal health medicines.
UNFPA have updated the list of medicines that are available for procurement based on a positive recommendation from the Expert Review Panel (ERP).
News & Events
- From Concept Foundation: July 2019
- Concept Foundation announces A. Metin Gülmezoglu as its new Executive Director
- Evidence for Contraceptive Options and HIV Outcomes (ECHO) trial results released
- World Preeclampsia Day – Access to quality magnesium sulfate to reduce maternal mortality
- WHO/UNICEF/UNFPA Joint Statement: Appropriate Storage and Management of Oxytocin – a Key Commodity for Maternal Health