The International Planned Parenthood Federation today launched www.MedAb.org – the Medical Abortion Commodities Database, which houses information on the availability of quality misoprostol, mifepristone and co-packaged mifepristone and misoprostol (combipacks) at national level.
Fiona Theunissen, MBA and Dr Hans Vemer, CEO of Concept Foundation and former obstetrician, discuss why quality, which is by no means a given, is such an important consideration when purchasing maternal health medicines such as uterotonics.
The Indian pharmaceutical company ACME Formulation Pvt. Ltd. have achieved WHO prequalification for their Misoprostol 200µg product, with technical assistance provided by Concept Foundation.
A briefing note on the quality of misoprostol products has been published in WHO Drug Information, presenting findings from the analysis of misoprostol samples from a variety of countries, specifically regarding percentage of active ingredient over time in relation to the labelled content, for products in different types of blister packs.
News & Events
- From Concept Foundation: July 2019
- Concept Foundation announces A. Metin Gülmezoglu as its new Executive Director
- Evidence for Contraceptive Options and HIV Outcomes (ECHO) trial results released
- World Preeclampsia Day – Access to quality magnesium sulfate to reduce maternal mortality
- WHO/UNICEF/UNFPA Joint Statement: Appropriate Storage and Management of Oxytocin – a Key Commodity for Maternal Health