The International Planned Parenthood Federation today launched www.MedAb.org – the Medical Abortion Commodities Database, which houses information on the availability of quality misoprostol, mifepristone and co-packaged mifepristone and misoprostol (combipacks) at national level.
Inresa Arzneimittel GmbH have achieved WHO prequalification on 15 August 2016 for their magnesium sulfate heptahydrate (MgSO4) 500 mg/ml injection with technical assistance from Concept Foundation. This is the first such product to be prequalified.
On the same day, China Resources Zizhu have had their mifepristone 200mg product added to the list of WHO prequalified medicines for use in combination with misoprostol, as have Jai Pharma Ltd with their levonorgestrel 0.03mg progestin-only contraceptive.
A third mifepristone product, manufactured by Acme Formulation in India, has received a positive score for procurement by the Expert Review Panel (ERP).
News & Events
- From Concept Foundation: July 2019
- Concept Foundation announces A. Metin Gülmezoglu as its new Executive Director
- Evidence for Contraceptive Options and HIV Outcomes (ECHO) trial results released
- World Preeclampsia Day – Access to quality magnesium sulfate to reduce maternal mortality
- WHO/UNICEF/UNFPA Joint Statement: Appropriate Storage and Management of Oxytocin – a Key Commodity for Maternal Health