Concept Foundation is seeking a Programme Officer to support its work on maternal and perinatal health. The post will contribute to programmes, research and innovation initiatives.
Concept Foundation has three strategic objectives. Manufacturing and Development; Country Support; and, Research and Innovation. Most projects involve working across different teams. The proposed project will be jointly implemented by the Research and Innovation and Country Support teams as well as external partner organizations and consultants.
The incumbent will represent Concept Foundation in meetings as required, and participate in relevant activities of the Foundation, related to reproductive health medicines. The demands on the incumbent will be multiple and subject to change based upon organizational priorities.
Objectives of the programme:
The Foundation will coordinate a large project in several sub-Saharan African and Asian countries to support updates of clinical norms and standards in preventing and treating postpartum haemorrhage, the development of clinical management protocols and implementation research to monitor their use in selected facilities. The project will include multiple global, international and regional partners.
In countries where normative updates are completed, research projects to assess facilitators and challenges to implementing the protocols and using quality-assured and WHO-recommended maternal health medicines and audit their use will be conducted.
Summary of Assigned Duties:
The incumbent will:
- Support the implementation of advocacy and communications activities in the East and West African regions and two Asian countries on postpartum haemorrhage for the uptake of WHO guidelines and update of national Essential Medicines Lists.
- Implement day to day coordination activities of the project across partner organizations
Conduct systematic reviews and research synthesis activities relating to the programme area.
- Draft research protocols that will be implemented in selected facilities on PPH clinical protocols.
- Prepare technical reports for donors
Contribute to the other activities relating to the work of the Country Support and Research and Innovation teams. Use of internet publishing and social media channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn, blogs etc.
Other relevant tasks as required by the Director of Programmes and the Executive Director.
- Ability to communicate in a credible and effective way
- Results orientated
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Sensitivity to cultural and international contexts
Essential educational qualifications:
University degree in one of the following fields: medicine, health sciences (midwifery, nursing, paramedical disciplines, pharmacology, pharmacy)
Desirable educational qualifications:
PhD or MSc in biomedical/pharmaceutical sciences, public health or epidemiology.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of global maternal and perinatal health priorities and key issues around access to quality-assured medicines and other technologies
- Good knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Good writing skills
Essential relevant experience:
- Experience in biomedical, clinical research (formative research, human-centered design, implementation research methods), or a related health research field, as evidenced by peer-reviewed scientific journal publications.
- Experience in setting up, coordinating and monitoring advocacy activities related to key sexual and reproductive health issues relevant to Sustainable Development Goal 3.
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Knowledge of French or Spanish would be desirable.
Experience with qualitative and/or quantitative statistical analysis software, data management
Other relevant information & how to apply:
This recruitment is subject to confirmation of a grant to Concept Foundation and is likely to start in January 2021. Interested applicants should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any specific questions on the position please contact A. Metin Gülmezoglu, Executive Director, at email@example.com