Title of Position
Objectives of the programme
The incumbent will contribute to Concept Foundation’s work on maternal and perinatal health (M&P) including, providing support to programmes, research and innovation initiatives.
The incumbent will collaborate with other Concept Foundation teams and consultants especially about activities around research and innovation with her/his primary tasks being on maternal and perinatal health.
The incumbent will represent Concept Foundation in meetings as required, and participate in relevant activities, related to sexual and reproductive health. The demands on the incumbent will be multiple and subject to change based upon organizational priorities.
Summary of the assigned duties
The incumbent will:
- Support the implementation of advocacy and communications activities in the East and West African regions on postpartum haemorrhage around the uptake of WHO guidelines and update of national Essential Medicines Lists.
- Conduct systematic reviews and research synthesis activities relating to the programme area.
- Contribute to the evaluation of sexual and reproductive health pipeline technologies including the development of target product profiles (TPPs) as needed.
- Draft concept notes and research protocols according to emerging needs and projects.
- Prepare technical reports for donors.
- Contribute to advocacy and communications activities relating to the work of the M&PH team. Use of internet publishing and social media channels such as twitter, linkedin, blogs etc.
- Other relevant tasks as required by the Director of Programmes and the Executive Director.
- Ability to communicate in a credible and effective way
- Results orientated
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Sensitivity to cultural and international contexts
Essential knowledges and skills
- Knowledge of global maternal and perinatal health priorities and key issues around access to quality assured medicines and other technologies
- Good knowledge of research methods
- Good writing skills
Essential educational qualifications
University degree in one of the following fields: medicine, health sciences (midwifery, nursing, paramedical disciplines, pharmacy).
Desirable educational educational qualifications
Phd or Msc in biomedical/pharmaceutical or basic science research (molecular biology, biochemistry etc.), epidemiology.
Essential relevant experience
Experience in biomedical research or a related health field as evidenced by peer-reviewed scientific journal publications.
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Knowledge of French, Russian or Spanish would be desirable
Experience with statistical analysis software.
Concept Foundation, Avenue de Sécheron 15, 1202 Geneva
Interested applicants should send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Recruitment is open until position is filled.
Should you need more information send your resquest to email@example.com.